06 Oct Where Are My Emails?
As a technical engineer if I had a £1 every time I heard Where are my emails? I would be living on an island sipping Pina Colada’s.
Unfortunately, that’s not the case…
There are numerous issues why your emails don’t go through or if you’re lucky you will receive the annoying bounce back, which will tell your technical team what the reason is. Most of the time it’s because your external IP address (Provided by your internet provider) has been blacklisted because a staff member has downloaded a spam virus!
If you experience the below issues with your emails
- Not syncing across all devices
- You send an email from your phone but doesn’t show on your PC
- You can’t sync your calendars between devices
- Emails constantly not being received or bounce back
There is a solution for you………………Microsoft Office 365
NewGen IT use Office 365 for our emails, File sharing and so do 95% of our customers.
If you haven’t got Office 365 already you may be worried about your data in the cloud or the cost?
Let’s take a look at the Office 365 security
Physical Security of their datacentres
- 24-hour monitoring of datacentres.
- Multi-factor authentication, including eye and fingerprint scanners for datacentre access.
- Internal datacentre network is segregated from the internet.
- Datacentre personnel cant access customer data.
- Faulty drives and hardware are demagnetized and destroyed.
- Encryption protects your data on our servers.
- Encryption in transit with SSL/TLS protects your data when it is transmitted between you and Microsoft.
- Threat management, security monitoring, and file/data integrity prevent or detect any tampering of data.
- Exchange Online Threat Protection provides advanced security and reliability against spam and malware to help protect your information and access to email.
As you can see Microsoft take the security of their customers very seriously
The cost isn’t as expensive as you think…
If you buy an office package subscription and have your emails hosted elsewhere you could combine the costs.
For the average small business there are 3 plans to choose from
1, Office 365 Business Essentials – This includes Emails, Skype for Business, OneDrive & SharePoint
2, Office 365 Business – This includes OneDrive and Office Applications
3, Office 365 Business Premium – This includes Emails, Skype for Business, OneDrive, SharePoint & Office Applications
The price ranges from £3.10 to £9.40 per a user per a month. Not a bad price for a guaranteed 99.9% uptime, financially backed service.
If you would like a 30-day trial or you want to know more give NewGen IT a call on 01933 426129 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org